The New Mexico Association of Concert Bands Consortium, Inc. (the Albuquerque Concert Band, Los Alamos Community Winds, and Santa Fe Concert Band) are pleased to host the 2022 National Convention of ACB on May 3 – 8 at the Santa Fe Hilton in Santa Fe, New Mexico. All member bands that have been members for the past two years (2020 and 2021) are invited to submit an application to perform as a featured band in front of a national audience.
In addition to the performances by the 3 host bands, there will be 7 member band performances in the Ballroom at the Hilton on:
- Wednesday, May 4
- Thursday, May 5
- Friday, May 6
- Saturday, May 7
Each concert will be 45 minutes including playing and announcing. Standard percussion equipment will be provided for each performer.
A completed online application form – https://www.acbands.org/PlayInNM.
You will be asked to upload the following files while completing the form.
- Tracks of recordings representing 30 minutes of music recorded anytime in the past 3 years. +
- Please choose performances and music that highlight the strengths of the band (MP3 or MP4)
- Biography of the band (word or PDF file)
- Biography of the conductor (word or PDF file)
- Photo of the band suitable for promotional materials – at least 600 dpi. 8×10 preferred (JPG, PNG, TIFF)
- Photo of the conductor suitable for promotional materials at least 600 dpi. 8×10 preferred (JPG, PNG, TIFF)
- Sample programs. (PDF, Word, JPG, or PNG) ++
- Other materials you wish to submit in support of your application. (PDF, Word, JPG, PNG) (optional)
+ In light of some bands’ recording activities during COVID-19, no studio mixes of individual players into a full ensemble will be accepted. This must be a live recording of the entire ensemble in either a studio or concert setting.
++ Realizing that due to COVID-19, performances have generally been fewer over the past year and a half, please submit at least 3 programs from previous seasons in the past 3 years
NOTE: The application form will use your ACB Website Login Information (Username and password) and must be submitted by the band’s membership account. If you need assistance with your membership account, contact the ACB Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-874-9270
Application due: August 1, 2021
Notification of acceptance: September 1, 2021 (via email)
After the selection of featured bands, we will provide the additional information needed for percussion, travel and performance in Santa Fe. A negotiated hotel rate is available if accommodations are needed.